Dozens of MBTA apps are available out there for commuters and passengers. But now, only one — the aptly named Transit App — has the Massachusetts public transportation agency's official endorsement.
The Transit app utilizes the T's open real-time data, featuring upcoming departure times for all nearby transit, as well as a trip planner that shows you the best route to take. The app also has an offline mode that allows riders to access schedules even while underground, without data or service. And so you don't miss your stop, it also enables riders to set up notifications for stops on their route. The app further includes ride-hailing and bike-share options.
Even better, you can take the Transit appon the road with you when you're out of town. The app supports travel in over 125 cities, including Boston, NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, LA, SF, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and many more across North America and Europe.
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving with real-time predictions
- Plan A-to- B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.
- Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute
- Launch GO for step-by- step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route.
- Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.
- View schedules and route itineraries. Even offline.
- Locate bike share stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
- Find nearby car share vehicles and book one.
- Support for all transportation modes: bus / metro / subway / light rail / streetcar / train / Uber / bikeshare / car2go / ferry
Why not visit your device's app store today and give it a try?
If you need help or have questions, feel free to give us a call or drop us an email, and one of our trained volunteers will get back to you!